Check out what is going on at Bethel. There are a lot of ways to stay involved and aware of Bethel events.
1. Click on the Events Calendar link on the right.
3. Check us out on Facebook. Search for Bethel CRC Events on Facebook. This is a public group and you are welcome to create posts.
How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth
“How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth” Dr. Jeffrey Weima of Calvin Seminary will be diving into this topic. Click here for more recordings and slide handouts.
Recording is split into 3 sessions. To find on website go to Services--Audio Sermons and find the section titled “How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth”
Associate Pastor Position
Bethel is currently seeking an Associate Pastor.
Purpose of this position – to assist Bethel CRC in fulfilling her mission statement of “Planted to Grow and Sow” by focusing particularly on the following areas:
• Lead and preach in approximately 30% of morning and evening worship services each year
• Work with Worship Coordinator in planning those worship services
• Be available to assist with funerals or other worship services beyond Sundays
• Visit church members during times of grief, personal need, joy, and celebration
• Visit elderly members and those with ongoing struggles regularly
• Build relationships with members of the congregation
• Be the Bethel point person for High School Youth Group, working in conjunction with the Manhattan CRC Youth Director and equipping other Youth Group leaders
• Plan and lead ministry to Young Adults
• Plan and lead training for Council members, education leaders, etc.
• Plan and lead a New Members class
• Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to oversee mentorship programs
• Possibly teach a Sunday School or Catechism class?
• Create fellowship/service opportunities for various groups at Bethel with the intent of welcoming or serving non-churched guests
• Work with the Missions Committee to provide training in evangelism
• Be present at community events where possible
• Meet weekly with Lead Pastor to coordinate visits, duties, etc., and to pray together
• Attend monthly Council meetings and Elder meetings (report to the Elders)
• Attend church committee meetings that fit with pastor’s role (i.e. Missions, Education)
• Attend Classis meetings and Synod when delegated by Classis
• Perform duties in whatever Classical or Synodical functions the pastor is elected or appointed to serve, subject to Council approval
For more information on our church see the church profile form here.
Questions reach out to Jack Huttinga, information on the profile form.